- PCs die at -10 or –Con, whichever is more beneficial to the PC at that time
- A PC raised from the dead gains one (1) negative level rather than losing a level. This negative level persists until the PC gains a level, at which point it disappears.
- A class without Int as a primary stat has a minimum of 4+Int skill points per level. (For example, fighters and sorcerers get 4+Int, while wizards still have 2+Int)
- The Disguise skill does not automatically fool magical divinations, including true seeing.
- The Intimidate skill may be based on Str instead of Cha; This choice must be made at character creation. If not specified, it is left unchanged.
- The ‘massive damage’ rule has been removed.
- There are no multi-classing experience penalties.
- Psionic/Magic Transparency is in effect.
- All Conjuration (Healing) spells are now Necromancy (Healing) spells.
- When using Aid Another the highest roll will be used, and the others will provide the +2 bonus. Failing to make the DC 10 check will result in a -2 penalty. For every 10 points above 10, the bonus will increase by +1.
- When a PC or NPC makes an attack roll that results in a 1 on the die they must make a quick second roll. If the result is a 1 or 2 on the die the weapon breaks and is useless. If the weapon has a +1 enchantment bonus the weapon gets a +1 save modifier. Thus a +1 Halberd requires two consecutive rolls of 1 to break. If the weapon has a +2 enchantment bonus it cannot break in this manner. Thus a +2 dagger cannot break in this manner. The same holds true for a +1 Flaming Long Sword.
- Bows and crossbows have basically the same rule applied to them. However, after rolling the first 1 there are two possible effects. On a second roll of 1 or 2 the bow or crossbow breaks and is rendered useless. On a roll of 3 or 4 the bow string breaks and a round must be used to restring the bow. Replacement bow strings are 5 silver pieces. Enchantment bonuses also improve a bow’s durability. Thus a +1 Long Bow would require a second roll of 1 on the die to destroy the bow. However, the bowstring still has the same range in which it can break only it is shifted to 2 or 3. If the bow or crossbow has a +2 enchantment bonus (or +1 bonus and special power) it cannot break in this manner. A bow string treated with an Unguent of Timelessness cannot break in this manner.
- The Bloodied condition is added to the list of conditions possible.
- The Minion rule has been added.
- Defenses will be used in place of saves.